Mutant Apocalypse Nightmare

After a series of stupid mistakes that served to remind me why I can't have nice things or a nice job, I had a horrible and long nightmare. The culmination of my mishaps lead to an ultimate failure.

The team of scientists were anxiously awaiting my entrance to the facility with the launch codes and the formula to release a vaccine around the world to prevent something, God knows what. I get out of the truck and the package I'm holding slips out of my hands and bounces on the hard ground a couple of times. Everyone screams and I swear out-loud "Dammit! That's why I can't have nice things!"

I jolt myself awake for moment, The feeling is still there. I fade back to sleep and into a nightmare. I'm now in a huge facility, almost as big as a shopping mall, but there's broken glass, bullet holes, and piles of charred furniture against most of the doorways.

There are some people with me arguing about which way to run or how to fight back. Fight back against a horde of people who mutated into dog-sized hungry land-piranhas. The weird thing is they were still sentient. They tried to cajole me into letting them have my legs. One was almost persuasive, but he was just too gross looking.

I finally ran out of places to hide.

"Fine."